Grind to Shine

Sunday, March 17, 2013

My type of movie




            Inside Man has been my favorite movie since the first time I saw it.  It’s smart, intense, funny, and best of all, a bank robbery movie.  I don’t know what it is about them, but bank robbery movies just happen to be extremely exciting for me. 
            The movie itself is very intriguing even from the beginning and as it continues it seems to get even better.  Maybe it’s not to others, but after seeing a movie for the first time as a youngster it’s always going to seem just as good as that first time.  Anyway though, I like how most of the movie was a combination of actual real-time footage and then integration/interview footage from after the robbery.  Also, they way the robbers made it seem as if every criminal was a hostage was mind-blowing yet so obvious of an idea.  So, unless the Coen brothers, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Martin Scorsese team up, I’m pretty sure this will always be my favorite movie. 
            On another note… Why are bank robbery movies so interesting?  I think it’s because they make the average Joe feel like a criminal; plotting and scheming along with every movie the actual criminals make.  These movie make you feel like even you could pull that off, and a lot of times the criminals seem like real nice people so it doesn’t even feel like it would be stealing.  In reality though, this obviously couldn’t happen.  Bank robberies like the one of Inside Man should be kept within the confines of movies and books. 
            Also, after reading online reviews it seems like a lot of people don’t like the movie, giving it one, two, and three out of ten star reviews.  I know the ending is given away quickly in the beginning, but to me that doesn’t matter.  Obviously they’re going to pull it off the criminals just seem to slick.  The heist and its intricacy are what’s important.  This isn’t Dog Day Afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment